County Agent: Jeff Cooke
Secretary: Brenda Maske
4-H Program Assistant: Sherry Waller
Extension Office Mission:
Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is a fun and educational program for youth in grades 5-12. 4-H helps youth to develop their interests and abilities to their fullest through project work, club work, special activities and events. 4-H is open to all youth regardless of race, color, sex, handicap, or national origin.
Taylor County is extremely proud of its 4-H program, which is directed by Mrs. Sherry Waller.
Here are a few of Taylor County’s 4-H Achievements:
- Over 300 members in Taylor County
- Program Assistant of the Year Award
- Secretary of the Year Award
- 1st in State Food Product Development Competition
- Cotton Bol Jamboree 1st in District
- 1 of only 2 counties in the state chosen to address Rural Development Council.
- National Fair Pizza Contest 1st in State
- State Photography-1st in 2 of 4 categories, more entries than any county in the state
- 5 Mastered in 2008
- 1st in Southwest District Leadership in Action
- 4-State 4-H Ambassadors
- 3 on State Performing Arts Team
- 1 on State Tech Team
Taylor County 4-H Website